5 Easy Makeup looks to do at Home for Diwali
Diwali is just around the corner. To prepare for this festive season, we are discussing 5 of the most popular makeup looks that can be done at home to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking for a natural look or something more dramatic, these tutorials will help you achieve it!
1. Minimal look
Are you looking for something simple yet elegant this festive season? This makeup look is for you. It has the right amount of color on the eyes to make them shine, but at the same time, it looks very clean and simplistic.
This look is super easy to do, and it’s best for those who have a simple makeup taste. Follow these steps:
- Make your eyebrows shapely with a brow pencil
- Apply foundation lightly on the face
- Line your eyes using black eyeliner, but don’t go too thick, as this will make you look overdone.
- Apply mascara on your lashes to make them appear longer
- Use a matte lipstick and apply it lightly
See, easy, right? If you have the time, practice this look at home for yourself! But if you don’t, you can always ask one of your friends to help you out with it. This is ideal for those who don’t want to spend too much time on their makeup.
2. Glamorous look
If you’re looking for something glamorous and sexy, then go for this look! It’s perfect for New Year’s Eve parties, and it will make your eyes stand out even from afar. This is an easy step by step guide:
- Apply foundation on your face and blend it in
- In a period of 5 minutes, apply cake powder or setting powder. Do not forget to set it with white loose powder to achieve that matte look.
- Apply dark brown eyeshadow under the eyebrow and up until the crease area of the lid
- Apply eyeliner on both upper lids
- Apply fake lashes if you have them
- Use a curler on your eyelashes, then apply mascara to define them
- Apply gloss or lip-gloss on the lips to give a natural look. This will also make your lips look fuller and sexier.
3. Girly Cut Crease Look
This is a popular makeup trend nowadays, and it’s very easy to do at home. It looks very girly, which will make you stand out at the party without exerting too much effort into achieving that look. Wear this on your traditional lehengas for a more Indian look.
- Apply primer on the eyelids
- Use nude eyeshadow to create depth on your eyes by applying it up until your crease area.
- Apply a white eyeshadow on your brow bone to make the eye makeup look more three-dimensional.
- Use eyeliner to define the upper lid and create depth. The line should be thick, but don’t go too thick, or else you’ll end up looking like a drag queen (not that there’s anything wrong with that, but yeah).
- Apply mascara on both upper and lower lashes to finish the look. If you want, you can also curl your lashes beforehand.
4. Smokey Eyes Look
If you’re looking for edgy yet simple nighttime party makeup looks, then this is perfect for you! It’s very easy to do, and it will only take you a few minutes!
- Apply nude eyeshadow on your crease area, then sweep some onto the lower lash line.
- Use black eyeshadow and apply it on the upper lid and up until your crease area. Make sure that the line is thick so that you achieve a bold look.
- Finish off the look by applying eyeliner on both upper lids and using black mascara to give your lashes some volume. If you want, you can also use fake lashes if you have them!
5. Glittery Makeup Look
This look is perfect for a girl’s night out Diwali party because it looks very dramatic and bold. The good thing about this makeup look is that you can wear glittery makeup even if you have sensitive skin! This will be a showstopper at the event, so make sure to bring your A-game when you wear this!
- Use a matte red lipstick on the lips. If you want, you can also wear lip-gloss, but make sure it’s sparkly; otherwise, it won’t look right.
- Apply primer on your eyelids and set it with loose powder to prevent creasing.
- Apply warm brown eyeshadow on your crease area to create depth.
- Use gel eyeliner on your upper lids and wing it out at the end.
- Apply 2 coats of mascara to define them.
- To get this look, you have to be very confident about wearing bright eyeshadow colors on your entire lid! You can use blue or pink eyeshadow. Just make sure that you blend it really well so that the color isn’t too overpowering.
- Apply matching eyeshadow on your lower lash line and wing it out at the end like how you did on your upper lids. You can also apply eyeliner on your lower lash line to make your eyes look more dramatic!
- Finish off the look by applying fake lashes on your upper and lower lash line.
Learn more: Makeup Foundation Types.
6. Winged Eyeliner Look
This is a traditional party makeup look that will never go out of style. It’s perfect for peach or peach-colored sarees because it matches them perfectly! However, you can wear this on any color outfit as long as you blend the eyeliner so that it looks natural.
- Use a nude eyeshadow on your upper lid and up until the crease area. Sweep some onto the lower lash line as well to create depth.
- Apply eyeliner on both upper lids and wing them out at the end. You can also apply eyeliner on your lower lash line to make your eyes look more dramatic.
- Finish off the look by applying eyeliner on both upper lids and wing them out at the end as you did with the eyeliners on your upper lids. You can also apply some eyeliner to your lower lash line.
- Apply 2 coats of mascara to finish the look.
- You can apply brown eyeshadow on your crease area to make your eyes look more beautiful and defined.
If you want, you can also sweep some onto the lower lash line as well to create depth. You can also apply eyeliner on both upper lids and wing them out at the end like how you did with the eyeshadow and eyeliner. You can also apply some eyeliner to your lower lash line as well. Just make sure to blend everything together, so it looks natural!
And finally, here are 5 easy party makeup at home for Diwali. As you can see, this is very simple and quick to put together if you’re short on time or just want a natural look that’s not too over the top! Have fun with these beautiful styles- they will make your day extra special. Your makeup can be as bright and festive as you want to make it. Hope everyone has an amazing festive season ahead of them!