Pros And Cons Of Having Hair Extensions
You might have seen those voluminous, long, lush hair extensions on your favorite models and celebrities. You wish you could have the same, but it may be difficult to replicate such features with your natural hair.
Hair extensions are often the go-to when you want to rock the looks of a Hollywood celebrity. Like everything, there are pros and cons to the use of hair extensions. This article tells you what you need to know about the advantages and disadvantages of having hair extensions.
- Easy Installation: Hair extensions come in various different types, including; tape-in extensions, clip-in extensions, and others. They’re notable for their quick and easy installation. A hair extension in the hands of a good hairstylist will take a short time to install and beautifully transform your hair.
For cases wherein a good hairstylist is not available or affordable, you can opt for a clip-in extension. You can install these yourself. They’re very comfortable and easy to do. They have the extra advantage of being quickly detachable. Hence, you can remove them at night and put them on again the following day. This also makes them very easy to maintain. Hair extensions are perfect if you don’t like to stress much about hair but still want to look trendy and fabulous!
- Increase In Volume And Length: Having long, natural hair usually comes with patience. What’s more, sometimes, you also have to deal with oily and flat hair. This is in contrast to the full and long hair everyone desires. This is where hair extensions come in handy! With hair extensions, you can choose ones that appear voluminous.
You also don’t have to wait for years for your natural hair to grow to your desired length. All you have to do is fix an appointment with a hairstylist to get the look done. Better still, there are clip-in extensions that you can use to add extra length and volume to your hair as desired.
- Natural-looking: If you’re worried that hair extensions will look unnatural, don’t stress further. Investing in great hair extensions made of 100% human hair would give you the natural feel you desire. As long as they match your natural hair color and are correctly installed, it’s hard to tell the difference.
- Durable: Hair extensions are well preferred for their durability. They last for about three to four months, depending on which one you opt for. Hair extensions last really long, especially if you take care of them properly. Even when you have to refit them, you spend less than half of the original amount. They’re reusable multiple times without fading in beauty.
- Stylist-dependent: Some hair extensions, like tape-in hair extensions, require the services of a good and experienced stylist. In fact, how well your hair extension would look depends mainly on how well they were installed by your stylist. This is why it’s necessary to hire the professional services of a well-trained stylist who has taken certification courses for specific extensions. Without this, your hair extension may not turn out as lovely as you want.
- Danger of falling off: Unless you’re using fusion hair extensions, the other types are always at risk of slipping or falling off. This can be very distressing or disastrous when it happens at the moment you least want it to.
- Damage To The Natural Hair: The installation of some hair extensions could include the addition of chemicals and heat, which may damage skin, scalp, or natural hair. Leaving in your hair extensions for too long or pulling at them may damage your natural hair. To minimize damage, your stylist must use protective measures to take care of your hair and scalp before installing the hair extensions.
- Less Styling Options: Some types of hair extensions are not easy to style as they can pull on your natural hair. Styling products can also cause the extensions to shift or slip.
- Bulk: Some types of extensions can be too bulky for natural thin air. They might not attach well, or the bonds might show through.
Ultimately, the choice to go or not to go for hair extensions lies with you. Having hair extensions has several advantages, which include ease of installation and durability, but they also come with some disadvantages like the potential to damage your natural hair and the stress of getting a good stylist. Having seen these disadvantages, it’s worth checking with your stylist to see if hair extensions will work for you.