A Guide to Loafers: Choosing, Styling, & Caring for Your New Favorite Shoes
Loafers are popular among fashion enthusiasts for their attractiveness and durability. These shoes provide a variety you can choose from. Whether you want a white loafer or a black pair, there’ll always be something for you.
From their vintage tasseled front to the iconic Gucci platform, loafers are a pinnacle of fashion elegance, explaining why they’ve become the hottest trend. Learn more about how you can incorporate these shoes into your wardrobe.
To wear loafers comfortably, you have to choose the right shoes. The best pairs, like Italian loafers, must fit you well, be timeless in design, and be strong in construction. When buying a pair for yourself, you should consider several factors such as material, quality, and price. However, it is worth mentioning that high-quality loafers are pricey, but they can serve you for many years.
Most reputable loafer manufacturers mix suede and leather in their loafers. The shoes come with flat heels, moc stitching, and welts. Some feature gold-stained emblems, tassels, or other attractive assets as finishing.
If you’ve never tried loafers, you must be wondering how to wear them. You should always remember that loafers are just a part of your outfit, so they must fit in well with your clothes and other accessories.
Here are some tips for styling your new kicks:
- Plaid skirts: Plaid skirts and loafers are considered the ultimate fit in the fashion industry. This combination will make you look elegant without exerting much effort.
- Beige tones: Beige doesn’t need to mean boring. If you choose some classic brown shoes, beige tones can complement them nicely while giving you a soft, put-together look.
- Cigarette-style pants: Loafers and cigarette-style pants (slim fit) are like twins. They will be a perfect match whether your pants are leather, corduroy, or denim.
- Oversized silhouettes: Since these shoes tend to be chunky, it only makes sense to pair them with oversized tops and sweaters or blazers.
- Other bulky attributes: Similar to the above point, try to pair loafers with bulky accessories and clothes. Think about beanies or cable-knit sweaters to give a balanced silhouette.
Loafers don’t fit into all types of events or aesthetics. That’s why you should have other pairs of shoes to wear when this style of shoes doesn’t work. Before you step out the door with these adorable shoes, consider the following tips:
- Don’t wear them with a complete athleisure set: Avoid wearing them with leggings, matching sweatpants and hoodie combos, and tracksuits.
- Beach days: Never wear them to the beach. It not only looks out of place, but the shoes can get damaged when they get into contact with sand, mud, or salt water.
Loafers are strong and durable but won’t last forever, even if you choose the highest-quality pair. To get value for money, take care of your shoes so that you can wear them for many years.
For example, try as hard as possible to avoid mud, puddles, salt water, and dirty areas. And when cleaning them, use a horsehair brush to remove any loose dirt. You can then use soapy water and a damp cloth to clean them. If you have leather shoes, apply wax cream and polish on them for protection rather than water which can leave spots on the leather.
If you’ve never thought of buying loafers, you now have all the reasons to do so. They are among the best shoes you can get on the market today. The fact that they are flat-heeled means they are safe to wear in different places. They also match many clothes and fashion accessories.
When buying your pair, do so from a reliable and reputable manufacturer. That’s the only way you can get a high-quality product.