5 Super Easy Makeup Tips That Make Your Skin Look Flawless
In recent years, makeup has evolved to be a more inclusive product. There are tones that compliment everyone regardless of gender, race, skin type or skin tone. It is not a lack of selection that causes makeup flaws, it is a lack of knowledge. Skin is a living part of the body. Therefore, our skin must be prepared and cared for.
In this post, we will give you some simple and effective tips on how to prepare your skin and apply your makeup to give you a flawless look.
Tip 1 – Get to know your skin
Oftentimes, people do not pay attention to their skin until it gives them problems. Ask yourself this:
- Is your skin oily or dry?
- Is it oily in some places and dry in others?
- Is your skin splotchy and red?
- Do you have flare-ups with pimples due to hormones?
- Do you have fine lines or wrinkles?
- Do you suffer from bags or dark circles under your eyes?
Note: Men’s skin is up to 25% thicker than women’s. Men also generate more facial oil than females. This is important when selecting foundation.
When you identify your issues, you can address them. If you cannot identify the cause of your skin troubles, see your dermatologist.
Tip 2 – Keep it clean
Wash your face twice per day with cool coconut water. It will bring a healthy glow to your skin. It keeps your pores clear and prevents blackheads. Never go to bed without removing your makeup. Always sleep on a clean pillowcase. The dead skin cells from your face deposit on your pillowcase at night. Do not lay your clean skin on a dirty pillowcase.
Tip 3 – Moisturize and prime
Use a quality moisturizer that is made for you. There are many name-brand cosmetic companies for women, but not as many for men. ForMenMakeup.com is a company that only sells makeup for men. They have the right moisturizers, primers, and foundations for the male gender.
Tip 4 – Foundation, contour, highlighter, concealer
This is not a mistake. All four of these go together. Your foundation should match your skin tone. Your contour should be a shade or two darker than your foundation, and your highlighter should be a translucent powder that adds a gentle glow, not a sparkle.
Tip 5 – Eyebrow pencil or powder
Men should have their eyebrows shaped professionally at least monthly or when they have their beard professionally groomed. In between times, use an eyebrow pencil or powder to fill in spots on the beard. You will avoid contouring the jaw if you wear facial hair. However, you can use it to contour the nose and cheekbones.
- If you suffer from bags under the eyes, place warm tea bags on them at night.
- If the circles under your eyes have a blue look, use a concealer with a bit of an orange tint before you apply foundation. This will fade the blue, and your basic concealer will give you better coverage.
- Men are urged to wear matte finish foundation (due to the extra oil in their skin).
- Use a small brush to put a tiny line of translucent power at the beard line. It gives you a youthful look.
- Always sleep on your back. Lines and wrinkles will deepen if you are face down letting gravity take its course.
These tips will help you create a flawless face day after day. However, consider spending some time with a professional makeup artist. Learning to create looks for day, evening, or special events, will serve you well. It is an investment in your life.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: