5 Tips to Nail the Sporty Chic Outfit Style
It’s fun to mix up your outfits every now and again! When it comes to mixing trends and styles, you can create any number of unique combinations based on your confidence level, the weather, the occasion or pretty much anything else. When it comes to dressing for your mood, you can (and probably already do) also make many of your style decisions based on how you feel while you’re getting dressed.
If you’re feeling energized and want to wear something that’s both comfy and cute, then a sporty chic outfit is the perfect option. Here are a few tips on how to create a sporty chic outfit and nail the style.
1. Get Educated: Before jumping into the process of creating your own sporty chic outfits, it’s necessary to understand the basics of sporty chic style. As its name clearly states, the style is a mixture of athletic-inspired pieces as well as cute everyday clothing. It favors an active lifestyle as well as cool girl vibes, making it super versatile and a great way to spice up some of your exercise clothes for non-athletic activities.
A sporty chic sense of style is similar to athleisure in many ways, but there are also a few key differences. Sporty chic style aims for effortlessness and ease, whereas athleisure tends to be a little more trendy and commonly includes more jewelry and stylish accessories. You might think of sporty chic style as the minimalist version of athleisure because it involves cohesive pieces, toned down accessories and lots of great basics.
2. Go for a Great Fit: If you want to take your sporty chic style to the top, make sure you have a good set of basic pieces that fit just the way you like. For example, sporty chic essentials include items like flattering joggers, a few pairs of cute shoes for women, baseball caps, lived-in t-shirts, casual totes and more. If you’re shopping for these items or already have them, make sure they fit correctly and add to the effortlessly chic theme of your outfit.
Sporty chic style includes a range of different fits, from curve-hugging tight to super flowy and oversized. Creating a sporty chic look means mixing a bit of each to get a good sense of balance, so don’t be afraid to pair a set of structured joggers with an oversized t-shirt or a long sweatshirt with skinny jeans or leggings.
3. Create a Go-To Hairstyle: If you’ve ever seen photos of off-duty celebs and models, you may have also been inspired to recreate their street style-worthy hair looks. Many of these looks involve lightly tousled hair that seems to require little to no styling or work, though this is rarely the case.
Your personal sporty chic hairstyle should be something you love that’s easy to do and makes you feel great. If your hair is longer, you might try a perky ponytail you can wear with or without a cute baseball cap or beanie. If you have shorter hair or just love to wear it down, go for a healthy-looking brushed through look with a little texture spray to finish things off.
4. Layer Stylishly: You can nail a sporty chic look no matter what season it is or what the weather is like! The key is to layer clothing accordingly and keep all of your outfit pieces cohesive. If the weather is warm and sunny, you might throw on your favorite bike shorts or denim cutoffs with white sneakers, a white tank top and some chic black sunglasses, for example. For chilly temperatures, you might swap the shorts for a sleek pair of black jeans or leggings and a pair of high tops and one of your comfiest trendy hoodies to keep warm and look great at the same time.
5. Add a Pop of Color: Sporty chic style is best known for being sleek, comfortable and effortlessly stylish. The sporty aspect of the style brings a practical, semi-casual aspect into the mix, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock a bit of color in your sporty chic looks.
If you’re going neutral or wearing black and white for your sporty chic look, consider a matte pink or red lip to brighten your face. This simple makeup choice elevates your look and can make a ponytail look super chic. You can also add some color via accessorizing and go for a bold crossbody bag, which will help bring your outfit together and create a focal point. No matter how you choose to accessorize your sporty chic look, it’s a great way to incorporate a sense of effortless style into your everyday wardrobe!