Delicious Daily Treats That Are Beneficial To Your Health
I’ll admit, I was late jumping on the Matcha latte wagon, but when I finally did, I was pleasantly surprised. Personally, the taste reminded me of Thai tea, which is a favorite of mine. My first was from Starbucks, then I caught wind of the sugar content and quickly decided to try and make my own and sweeten it with Trivia brand sweetener.
The reason I finally tried a matcha latte was because I was dealing with an ulcer, I couldn’t have the acid that came with my beloved morning coffee, and needed some alternative that was easier on my gut. It has now became part of my routine.
- Promotes calm, memory, concentration, energy levels, and endurance. All thanks to the amino acid L-Theanine. You’re getting calm without sleepy, how amazing is that?
- Promotes overall health with it’s natural antibiotic properties and contains potassium, protein, iron, and vitamins A and C.
- Increased metabolism
- Lower’s cholesterol
- Detoxes the body of chemicals and heavy metals thanks to it’s chlorophyll content.
- Cancer fighting properties. It contains more than 100 times the amount of the catechin, (the most potent and powerful antioxidant) EGCg than any other tea on the market, and over times more than any other food.
Here is an easy recipe that I like:
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- 1/2 cup of your preferred milk (I love unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste (I use truvia, but agave is great as well)
- Cinnamon to taste (optional)
For a hot latte: Put all ingredients in a small pot and heat over medium heat while whisking with a matcha whisk (below).
For an iced latte: mix in a cup with a matcha whisk or a blender like a magic bullet then pour over a cup of ice.
Get This Matcha Whisk For $9.97 Here.