MAC Good Luck Trolls Summer 2016 Makeup Collection
The makeup arena seems to be shuffling its cards recently, more and more frequently serving as a pretty prologue for the upcoming movies to be released. Just to celebrate the new computer-animated musical comedy “Trolls’ produced by DreamWorks Pictures and planned to arrive on the big screen on November 4, 2016, the quick-on-the-trigger MAC Cosmetics comes up with a crazy idea to launch the MAC Good Luck Trolls summer 2016 makeup collection, inspired by those bizarre comical playthings of our childhood. The collection will be released online at the brand’s website and Nordstrom on July 28, 2016 and in stores on August 4, just in time to stack your cosmetics bags with as many masquerade colors as possible, put a vibrant swipe on lips, let your hair down and watch the funny trolls dancing to Whip/Nae Nae.
A glance at those creatures with dizzy rainbow hair subjected to electroshock and with a gem belly button as a luck symbol, and you would instantly guess the shades to wrap MAC’s makeup products soon. Strange though it might seem, these ugly creatures having their roots back in the distant ’60s, and then making a more frantic invasion through the ’90s, are in no way going to weaken their positions in our days. Moving from the playground to the cinematography and in the long run landing on the beauty sphere, they are still expected to render further surprises.
For the time being we can get indulged with only a couple of Troll images but all of them spreading blindingly bright pops. It will feature matte and satin lipsticks, lip-glasses, eyeshadows, pigments, glitters and beauty powders. As is expected, some scandalous colors are in the cards starting from that ‘Can’t Be Tamed’ lime yellow and ‘Midnight Troll’ rich blue lipsticks to ‘Bubble Butt’ magenta lip-glass and ‘Suns Out, Buns Out’ mustard yellow glittering eyeshadow with a range of pinky-coral-purple goodies in between.
Until the release date of the collection, take a minute to have a sneak peek at the main ingredients and shades of this hilarious collection:
MAC Good Luck Trolls Lipstick ($18.00) (Limited Edition)
We all love MAC lipsticks, since they are always one of the best on the market and we can’t wait to experiment with these new crazy colors, which definitely aren’t for the faint-hearted!
• Can’t Be Tamed ” Sheer lime yellow (Cremesheen)
• Sushi Kiss ” Mid-tone coral cream (Satin)
• Dance Off Pants Off ” Frosted hot pink (Frost)
• Midnight Troll ” Rich blue (Matte)
MAC Good Luck Trolls Lipglass ($16.00) (Limited Edition)
Just in case you want to add similarly vibrant and unconventional tints to your pout, the brand also presents these lip-glass shades that you can wear alone or over your favorite lipstick.
• Bubble Butt ” Magenta with fine pink and blue glitter
• Twerkquoise ” Transparent sky blue with fine pink reflect
• Saint Germain ” Light cool pink
• Glitter Grunge ” Sheer berry with extra fine silver sparkle
MAC Good Luck Trolls Eyeshadow ($17.00) (Limited Edition)
Eye makeup is where you can have most of the fun playing with the eclectic colors MAC’s latest collection brings in, and here you have five memorable eyeshadows with different finishes.
• Paradisco ” Bright pinky-coral with pearl (Frost) (Permanent)
• Black Tied ” Black with silver sparkle (Velvet) (Permanent)
• Silly Vanilly ” White with very fine silver glitter (Satin)
• Suns Out, Buns Out ” Mustard yellow with pearl (Veluxe Pearl)
• Atlantic Blue ” Cobalt blue (Matte) (Permanent)
MAC Good Luck Trolls Pigment (Limited Edition)
For bolder and more outstanding looks, there you have this pigment in eye-catching green that will make the traffic stop.
• Chartreuse ” Frosted chartreuse green (Permanent)
MAC Good Luck Trolls Glitter/ Reflects Glitter ($23.00) (Limited Edition)
The latest summer 2016 makeup trends are all about gold and glitter and MAC’s Trolls makeup line embraces the trend the best way possible, launching these colorful glitters, which are luckily permanent products.
• Fuchsia ” Fine fuchsia glitter (Permanent)
• Reflects Transparent Teal ” Very fine reflective teal glitter (Permanent)
• Reflects Purple Duo ” Very fine reflective violet glitter (Permanent)
MAC Good Luck Trolls Beauty Powder ($27.00) (Limited Edition)
Perfect to be used both as a highlight and an overall finish to your makeup looks, these MAC beauty powders are available in two scintillating shades that you might like to acquire both!
• Glow Rida ” Iridescent powder matched in Beauty Powder, Beige
• Play It Proper ” Pastel soft pink with sparkles
MAC Good Luck Trolls Chroma Craze ($20.00) (Limited Edition)
The name speaks for these two absolutely sick colors of nail polish, which will instantly brighten up your already bright and memorable outfits even more.
• Tease and Thank ” You Bright cobalt blue
• Good Luck Locks ” Bubblegum pink
MAC Good Luck Trolls 187SH Duo Fibre Face Brush ($43.00) (Limited Edition)
Lastly, the collection also includes a face brush that you can use to apply both these Trolls-inspired makeup products and the ones you already have in your makeup kit.
We have updated this story to publish more photos and details!
Photos courtesy of MAC Cosmetics