MAC Soft Serve Summer 2016 Makeup Collection
There are so many tempting makeup collections being released this month, but MAC Cosmetics‘ Soft Serve summer 2016 makeup line might be the most irresistible yet. The promo photos look delicious, featuring soft serve ice cream alongside the actual makeup products, with a heavy focus on the new Soft Serve eye shadow, naturally, as the namesake of the collection. What better inspiration than ice cream is there for anything relating to summer? And with a promised smooth, creamy shadow as the base of the collection, there may be more in common between ice cream and makeup than in other contexts. This yummy collection will become available online and in MAC locations internationally, on June 11, 2016.
MAC Soft Serve Shadow ($22.00)
Help yourself to a serving of MAC’s latest eye product! Enjoy a smooth application with a creamy textured eye shadow, available in a lovely selection of 12 pastel shades and other vibrant hues to play against the whimsical summer atmosphere ” and the names are just as tantalizing as the shades themselves. According to MAC, the shadow will apply smoothly, be long-lasting (an essential quality to combat the heat), won’t crease, and will look “simply delicious.” What more could you want from a delectable summer look?
• Bounce Around ” light, cool taupe-silver (pearl)
• Quite Yummy! ” pastel pink (satin)
• Cushy Life ” light, warm, golden beige (pearl)
• Put Me To Shame ” mid-tone, dirty taupe (satin)
• So So Saucy ” mid-tone peach (satin)
• Plead Gilty ” vibrant, sparling gold (pearl)
• Jealous Girl ” mint green (satin)
• Must Be Lust ” sparking, bronze-tan (pearl)
• Girls, Girls! ” soft, pastel purple (satin)
• Best Make Up ” light, golden highlighter (pearl)
• Big Bad Blue ” soft, pastel blue (satin)
• Softened Up ” mid-tone, warm brown (satin)
MAC Dare Hue! Brow Pencil (‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√°¬¨¬Æ21.00)
Continuing on with its eye makeup line, this new collection also provides light, “ice cream shades” for your eyebrows as well. Why stop the fun color at your lids? Your brows deserve to have a little fun, too, so give them a treat by adding in a fun shade of these brow pencils to go along with your eyeshadow. You can’t go wrong when you cut loose and have a bit of fun.
• Violet Infused ” soft lavender
• Blonde Not Bland ” pastel pink
• Frisky Fresh ” soft, mint green
• What A Highlight ” soft, white gold highlighter
• Clearly Groomed ” nude beige
MAC Brush (‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√°¬¨¬Æ27.00)
This new addition to MAC’s applicators is recommended for applying this collection’s Soft Serve Shadow, so if you’re treating yourself to some ice cream, you might as well buy the spoon ” or, rather, the shadow and brush!
• 248 Small Eye Shader
Photos courtesy of MAC Cosmetics