Best Retro Sunglasses Trends for Summer 2016
For the past 12 months or so, we have been immersed in all that is retro. We went back to the 1970s with gusto in 2015, we are swimming in the ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö‚â§70s and ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö‚â§80s along with a few other decades this year in 2016 and so on and on it goes. We have seen incredible 2016 retro sunglasses, trends of which we are enjoying greatly from the Fashion Week runways for the spring and summer of this year. And with spring coming around soon, as in within 2 months, we certainly need to get ourselves well versed in the top 2016 sunglasses trends.
When it comes to 2016 eyewear trends, the sunglasses certainly top it off, with 10 of the top retro looks appearing among the list that we put together a few months back. Many of them are already available for purchase so we’ll certainly be stocking up soon enough. Which 2016 retro sunglasses should you be on the lookout for?
1. Sexy Reflective Lenses: It is certainly one of the most interesting looks and it shields your eyes from more than the sun. Those lovely orbs of yours will be protected from the leery eyes of those around you as well. Chanel really came in with it good, while we also saw it at Akris, with some rather interesting Matrix looks.
2. Fun Aviator Looks: If there is a style that never seems to go out of style, it is the awesome aviator look that everyone from Chanel to Stella McCartney, House of Holland to Acne, and so many more showed off on the SS 2016 runway shows.
3. Peaked Cat Eye Sunnies: Cat Eyes are rather intriguing this season as they come with regular lenses and peaked ends, like sexy felines with a flair for fun and chic allure. If you want some really nice ones, try out Moschino, Dries Van Noten, Anna Sui and Eudon Choi.
4. Double Wire Rims: Larger lenses are sexy no matter how you look at it, but those double wire rims are more than just intriguing; they remind you of your childhood when you stole your mother’s sunglasses and pranced around, only this time you can have them in Carolina Herrera or even Paul & Joe.
5. Ombre Lenses: What is more retro than ombre lenses? We cannot tell you the answer to that but we can certainly revere the beauty of it all as we grab ourselves a sexy retro piece from Prada, Emporio Armani or Jason Wu.
6. Rimless Glasses: It may not be common, but it certainly was a 2016 sunglass trend, with the lack of rims giving away the intriguing nature of the Chanel, Roberto Cavalli and Akris looks, the last really taking on a Neo look with its tiny oval lenses.
7. Rounded Lenses: Circular lenses, particularly large ones that feature bug eyes, can be seen throughout, from Carolina Herrera to Fendi, Costume National to Emporio Armani. It is a lovely 2016 eyewear trend that has been around a while and will continue to appear with all the different trends in tow.
8. Yellow Lenses: It appears that the lenses are the biggest retro eyewear styles brought in, with the yellow certainly reining strong, something you can buy into by picking up a Fendi pair or House of Holland, from No. 21 or Gucci, Dries Van Noten or Roberto Cavalli.
9. Really Colorful Lenses: While yellows really did appear a lot, we did see a whole bunch of other colors, from gamer girls at Emilio Pucci to the amethyst hues at Kenzo or Anna Sui, fire burning instead at the likes of Chanel and Nicholas K.
10. Oversized Sunglasses: One of the top, if not the top trend for 2016 eyewear is the oversized look, which has appeared on nearly every single runway and which you can easily shop for from nearly every brand. Whether you opt for a pair from Dolce & Gabbana or pick up a suave look from Antonio Marras, you go for the Gucci designs or look for a D lens from Boss or Bibhu Mohapatra, you know that you are going to be rocking the top trend in 2016 retro sunglasses!
Below, in the image gallery you’ll find the trendiest retro sunglasses for summer 2016 that you can shop right now!
Photos courtesy of Vogue