Kylie Jenner’s Makeup Routine Takes 20 Minutes!
Let’s talk about an important thing in every woman’s daily routine: makeup. And let’s do it in a very unconventional way, analyzing Kylie Jenner‘s makeup routine, which, according to the young it-girl, only takes 20 minutes do be done! Oh, and 24 products, 9 of which are makeup brushes, and a whopping $3,750!
Whether one likes to keep it simple or not, while applying makeup in the morning a woman has (at least) two goals in mind: making herself look pretty and doing it in the less amount of time possible. Fortunately, from youtube makeup tutorials to catchy pictorials on famous magazines, a lot of women and teenagers can look to various sources and their favorite celebrities to find some precious makeup hacks and tips, but also inspiration for their day-to-day makeup, hoping to save both time and money.
To inspire her big army of followers, Kylie Jenner has recently shared her own makeup routine, posting a 7-minute-long video about her 20-minute-long makeup routine on her famous app. Do you want to get Kylie’s makeup look? Just make sure to religiously follow this strict tutorial of hers:
• Before actually applying makeup, Keeping up with the Kardashians youngest star slathers on her Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream. To be fairly honest, this is actually a good piece of advice, as having a moisturized skin is extremely important, whether you are about to apply your makeup or not. So, make sure to have a perfectly hydrated skin first!
• Then, to get Kylie’s look, you should start filling in your eyebrows (she uses Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown) without being afraid to exaggerate with the color because, as Jenner says in the video, “If you ever color it too dark, don’t you fear, brush it through.”
• Now that your eyebrows are ideally contoured, it’s finally high time for some foundation! For perfect coverage, Kylie likes to combine the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation and the Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation. Her favorite eyeshadows come captured inside the Urban Decay Vice Palette that guarantee her sultry eye makeup looks.
• From coverage to bronzing, Kylie contours her face with the Stila Aqua Glow Perfecting Bronzer, applying it from the top of the ears to her cheekbones. She then applies the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer under her eyes and down the tip of her nose, completing this phase with the La Mer Translucent Powder. Just remember not to “use too much powder, otherwise it ends up looking a little cakey.”
• To curl her eyelashes, Kylie uses a Sephora curler, while to add a touch of blush to her cheeks she prefers the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blush in Ecstasy (of course, using a MAC brush). If you feel your bronzing isn’t enough, you could add a bit of Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Face Sculpt & Highlight, just to make your cheekbones pop like Jenner’s. It will apparently also make your nose look thinner. Moreover, to get Kylie’s lips, apply the muted Pink Dolce shade from the Kylie Lip Kit.
• Last but not least, it’s time to make your make up stay in its place. Kylie usually sets it with the Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray, but I guess at this point any setting spray could work well.
Oh, and do not forget to use a special selfie light to make sure everything is in the right place and the colors are neither too dark, nor too light when taking a selfie! If you don’t have one, don’t worry, you’ll just have to stand “in front of your window to see what the daylight’s like, and just make sure that it’s all good in the hood’.
Photo courtesy of @kyliejenner