Winter’s Metallic Makeup Trend for Holidays 2014
December’s just a stone’s throw away at this point and we know the parties are beginning to pop up. You want to attend and stay trendy. You’ve done your hair right, been following all the trends. You’ve switched to bolder lashes and slightly ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö‚â§70s styles overall. Now it’s time for the rest of your makeup. What you may not have realized is that gold, silver, bronze, and copper are your ideal colors to use, both on lids and lips, the precious metal hues providing us with the perfect palette for many beauty looks these 2 seasons. 2014 will be ending with a bang and we will be celebrating with metallic makeup shining against our skins. Here are some amazing ways to wear metallic makeup during the holidays!
1. Copper liquid liners can be used on the inner corners of your eyes, wherein the look brings a bright and bold outlook to the face overall. There’s no need to add anything more as the minimalistic makeup look is definitely in, but if you really want to make those eyes pop, go for the copper liners. This look was featured during Issey Miyake.
2. To have your eyes looking super gorgeous, go for the “golden years of America’ look with a bold black liner on the lash line and Goldmine highlight on the lid that’s got a distinctive ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö‚â§60s twist. It was the center of attention at Badgley Mischka and we definitely will be wearing it to the next party of the season.
3. Silver metallic shadows were rocking at the Alexander McQueen show, wherein lashes were frosted as well, while brows were faded to light blondes. Bronze, gold, pearl and silver shades were used in order to really create a look that was stunningly gorgeous for all. It is an easy look that certainly has one appearing as a frost queen.
4. Whereas Alexander McQueen’s models had their eyes shadowed with metallic to contour, Donna Karan featured solid silver shimmers wherein platinum pro pigment was used with medium shine for a high-octane finishing that holds breathtaking magnificence. Black eye kohl on the waterline and upper lash line added to the intensity of the look as well, one, which can easily be copied.
5. Copper sparkles look rather amazing when applied in precise parallel lines on the lash line and the crease of the lid, creating a simple but futuristic style graphic design that we have fallen in deep love with. This was a highlight during Holly Fulton.
Also check out: Glam Rock Party Makeup Tutorial
6. Alberta Feretti went for the simply gilded goddess look as golden hues are used on the inner corners of the eyes to create an ethereal look that is the very definition of pretty. A bit of mascara completes the look while the eyes pop with color and mystique. Definitely a favourite among the looks.
7. Think glitter on your lips and then add huge impact. Rodarte features this look in bronze as well as lilac, wherein glitter pigments were mixed with lipstick for a better look and better staying ability. There’s something rather futuristic about it as well as being entirely too retro. Lots of glitter and lots of glam. You will definitely be the star of the party.
We can’t just focus on the eyes in the holiday season. The outfits, the nails are just as important as they bring out the inner shine. So opt for the best holiday party looks for 2014 and glam up your nails to get into the Christmas mood. There’s nothing more satisfying than feeling important while wearing golden treasures.
Photos courtesy of Stylebistro, Vogue