How to Wear a Backless Dress
Wearing a backless dress looks no less impressive than opting for a sassy décolleté. Very many celebs opt for this type of dresses more and more often, coming up with a wide range of designs and style interpretations. If you would also like to opt for a sassy backless dress, then there exist a number of style tips and tricks that you need to take into account. So here we teach you how to wear a backless dress to look maximum effective and unique!
The very first thing that you need to remember is that looking very classy from the front a backless dress looks super sassy and catchy at the back, thus being quite bold and sensual. That’s why it is recommended opting for backless dresses if you are planning to attend an important festive occasion or events like those red carpet glam parties we see the celebs going to. On the other hand, you can also pick specific types of such dresses for walks, parties or even a day out on the beach.
What Underwear to Wear With a Backless Dress
The very first thing that you need to know about backless dresses is the range of principles according to which you may pick one.
Firstly you have several variants of bras to choose one from, depending on the texture of the dress and the depth of the cut on the back. The first option is the bra with low clasp. It will fit the areas around the waist and will support the breast well enough. The second option is the bra with the clasp going around the neck. Several models of backless dresses cover the neck and only have the cut on a specific area on the back, thus allowing the clasp of the bra to hide underneath the section covering the neck.
Finally, the latest form is the silicone bra, which is not used for the support but for only flattening the form of the breast and this is the option for breasts of not big or medium size. In addition, you can also go for the looks with no bras using silicone nipple covers in case you are sure that you cannot use a bra at all and still have the ideal and beautiful looks. The aim of using those covers is flattening the breast and avoiding provocative and possible vulgar looks. In addition, you can also opt for bras having transparent clasps, which will not create any difficulties getting accustomed to the unusual bra types.
Thus when you are done with the choice of the underwear, you should also know the main tips for matching the peculiarities of your body and your skin complexion. So taking into account such aspects as the color shades and the overall designs of the dresses is important. Talking about the color palette, the primary favorites are the tones of red and black. In addition, opting for pieces having blue, pearl, and green tones is also a good idea.
How to Wear a Backless Dress
• One more thing that you need to pay attention to is taking a good care of the skin on your back. As a rule, every woman should pay attention to the skin of the face, neck, and décolleté. Still, the skin of the back is no less important for good looks. That’s why you should use some treatments like scrubs for body and shower gels. Taking showers every day will help you get rid of the dead skin cells and have impeccable skin.
• In addition, if you are not that proficient at wearing heels you should also exclude the possibility of wearing backless dresses, because heels are the most important play pairs of these dresses.
• If you have medium or short height, then you’d better opt for short options of backless dresses according to your body shape. You also have a wide range of options for backless dresses having very different designs and silhouettes.
• In addition, if you have impeccable figure, you will also look flabbergasting with tight-fitting short backless dresses, flattering your figure and showing off your wonderful body traits ideally.
• If you want to accentuate the looks even more, you may opt for pieces finishing up the look with details like beads, drapings, pleats, bands, and other decorative elements. The designs of the cuts on the back are super diverse and creative and you just need to pick the options that suit your body and your taste the most.
• Summer is the most suitable season for picking any of these cool and sassy dresses and enjoying them to the full. Thus you can pick options with natural fabrics, adorned with bright design patterns, curious color combinations, and various shape and style synthesis. Comfort is the thing that should be the only obligatory detail for these looks.
• Pay attention to your posture when wearing a backless dress. The royal silhouette of this dress requires a royal and straight posture with proudly pulled back shoulders and head held high.
• Try to limit the number of accessories when opting for such dresses. They are already chic and sophisticated and opting for more details and accessories may create the risk pf overloading the image.
• Go for updos or half updos when picking a backless dress. There’s np point in wearing a backless dress if your long locks are going to cover the entire cut.
• If you are getting ready for your wedding, you can also consider the option of having a backless wedding dress as the key to blinding chic. You can opt for pieces having the cut delicately covered with lace or just being adorned with an open and sassy cut.
Here were the basic tips and tricks that we would suggest you take into account when opting for a backless dress. If you are bold enough for it and have all the necessary characteristics, then it’s your time to shine and stun everyone around!
Photos courtesy of Tuula Vintage, The Blonde Salad, Viva Luxury, Amlul, Gary Pepper Girl
Don’t Miss: How To Wear Fluffy Skirts