DIY Skin Cleansing Herbal Facial Masks
There exist a myriad of treatments and products for improving the condition of the skin and for making it look healthy and glowy always. The ones referring to face skin and especially those that are aimed at cleansing the skin and hydrating it form a significant part among all those means. Still, there exist another great number of treatments and masks that you can prepare yourselves in order to have the same effective results, as you would if using those expensive ready-made products. Thus if we are speaking about masks that can contribute to the creation of healthy and glowy skin, herbs are one of the most essential and irreplaceable means you should try out. So that’s what we are going to do right now introducing some super effective DIY skin cleansing herbal facial masks for perfecting your skin and gifting it with that healthy and shiny look.
The Essence of Herbal Facial Masks
Nearly every woman considers the importance of cleansing and moisturizing the skin, and using those products like gels and foams for washing the face, they get the immediate results of those means, with the help of which they can have the preliminary types of skin care, cleaning the dirt, making it softer, and at times also solving problems like acne, inflammations, etc.
Still, if they want to have some deeper cleansing or open the pores, using facial masks is just what they need to opt for. These treatments create the ideal conditions for the thorough cleansing of the skin, thus also securing the ideal results later. In addition, each of those masks may have a different function, improving the skin tone, cleaning the skin of the inflammations, or fighting aging problems effectively. One more advantage of using these masks is that you can be sure of the successful outcomes and the natural quality of the ingredients.
Another advantage of these masks is that they activate and stimulate the natural processes ongoing in the layers of skin, thus also gifting it with the natural glow and health. Thus, the masks you can prepare are the following:
Universal Herbal Masks for Any Skin Type
1. In order to prepare such masks you need dry herbs, water, and gauze tissues. The peculiarities of oily skin need to be treated with herbs like St. John’s wort, sage, horsetail, chamomile and calendula flowers, coltsfoot, and yarrow. For skin prone to dryness, you’ll need to use rose petals, mint, lime blossom, chamomile or rosehips. However, in order to prepare an effective facial mask you don’t need all of these herbs at once. You just need to pick or find one or take some of them with certain proportions. Thus, the dry mixture needs to be crushed until getting the consistency of flour, after which you need to take 2 tbsp. of that powder and pour it into half a cup of boiling water. Afterwards you need to cover the mixture and leave it for 15 minutes. The ready infusion should be filtered and the herbal mass should be applied to the face and left there for 15-20 minutes. In order to get maximum effective results you need to put the mass on a gauze tissue and lay the tissue to the face staying in a half-lying position.
2. There is another way of using the herbal masks for face skin. For this method of application you need to mix 2 tbsp. of slightly crushed dry herbs and a cup of boiling water and go on boiling it for some 5-10 minutes more. Afterwards you need to stop heating it, covering the cup and filtering the mixture after 15-20 minutes. The ready mass needs to be applied to the face and left there for 15-20 minutes more.
Cleansing Facial Mask with Egg White and Mint
For this recipe you need to take one egg white and some oatmeal and mix them until getting an even mass. The crushed mass of mint needs to be added to these two ingredients and after mixing all well, the mask needs to be applied to the face with a layer of medium thickness. During the time of waiting you should lie down and relax. You can remove the mask with warm water after it goes absolutely dry. Afterwards you also need to use a tonic or a lotion not containing alcohol.
Cleansing and Anti-Aging Herbal Mask
1. The following recipe will be an ideal solution for those women who want to combine the efficiency of an herbal mask with the anti-aging functions thus also helping them to get rid of wrinkles. In order to prepare this mask you’ll need to mix the leaves of plantain, strawberries and currants with yarrow grass and flowers of linden. All of these ingredients need to be mixed and taken with 4 tablespoons. Those 4 tablespoons should be mixed with a little boiling water, cooled a bit and applied to the face. The consistency needs to be warm and it’s also recommended applying it to the neck and the decollete. After 20-25 minutes the mask should be removed with cold water. While the mask is still on, you’d better lie down and relax so that the useful elements will be able to penetrate into the deep layers of your skin and give maximum effective results. The peculiarity of this recipe is that for the preparation of it you need exclusively fresh leaves of plantain. In addition, those leaves should be taken from places with rich nature far away from the polluted city. Sometimes you can find such herbs at special places, where they are sold, but you need to be sure of the origin of whatever is sold there.
2. You can also prepare another useful recipe that will combine the two benefits in one, for which you need to take crushed plantain leaves and add some water to them followed with a tsp. of honey. All of the ingredients should be mixed well and applied to clean face and neck, removing all with a cotton ball moistened in water after 15 minutes.
Nettles and Motherwort for Oily Skin
The following recipe we would like to introduce is the mask of nettles and motherwort meant to serve as an ideal treatment for oily skin. Thus you need to take the dry crushed leaves of nettles and motherwort, 1 tsp. each and mix them. After they get totally mixed you need to add a cup of boiling water and infuse all. Further you need to make a compress, for which you should use the mass filtered through sieve. The mask should be kept on for 20 minutes, after which you need to wash it off with water.
Cleansing Herbal Mask for Oily Skin
In addition, you can also try out some more herbal facial masks meant to serve as an ideal treatment for oily skin. For this mask you need to have sage, St. John’s wort, coltsfoot, chamomile and calendula. All of the ingredients should be taken with equal proportions and crushed into powder. Further 2 tbsp. of the mass should be taken for half a cup of boiling water and infused for 15 minutes after which it should be filtered. The mass you’ll get as a result should be applied to the face and kept there for 15-20 minutes. The mask should be removed with cold water and the liquid mass you’ll get as a result of filtering can be used as a lotion, applying it in the morning and in the evening.
Cleansing Herbal Masks for Dry Skin
The following array of masks is meant to perfect dry skin and herbs like chamomile, peppermint, yellow sweet clover (Melilotus officinalis) and plantain will be the ideal options for them.
1. Thus for preparing the first recipe you need to take all of these herbs or just a part of them, crush them into a powder and add some boiling water so that it covers the herbs but not more. Afterwards, you need to let the mass stay like that for half an hour and add some sunflower or olive oil to the mass, which needs to be boiled on a water bath beforehand. The mas you’ll thus get should be applied to clean face and left on for 20 minutes. In the end you’ll need to remove the mask with a warm compress and wash everything with water.
2. As for the following recipe, you need to take herbs like sage, bearberry and capsella. All of the ingredients should be crushed first and mixed with boiling water until getting a mash. The mask needs to be applied to the face after you’ve applied a nourishing cream. After having gone through the procedure, you need to wash the mass with water. This mask cleans dry skin and gifts it with a very soft, smooth, healthy, and shiny look.
Cleansing Herbal Mask for Combined Skin Type
The ideal effect of cleansing and moisturizing can be achieved with the help of herbs like dandelion, large plantain, nettle and chamomile. Thus the mixture of these herbs should be crushed into powder and mixed with boiling water. Afterwards, the mass should be left to cool down a bit and applied to the face. After the going through the procedure you need to wash the mask with cold water.
Herbal Mask for Normal Skin
Hardly ever can we find a woman, who has never experienced such problems as acne, excessive oil, dry skin, etc. Still, such normal skin type does exist and it also needs a special care. So if you are lucky enough to have normal skin, you need to use the following mask.
Practically any type of herbs is suitable for normal skin but St. John’s wort and dandelion will be the best options. You can also use other herbs for this mask but in that case the proportions of St. John’s wort and dandelion should be bigger than that of the other herbs. Like the other masks, the herbs of this mask should be crushed into powder and some boiling water should be poured over them. After the mass is ready you need to let the mask cool down and apply to the face. In the need the mask should be washed with cold water.
Some women think that beauty requires huge financial means, but the truth is that using such effective recipes and treatments they can have the most impressive and cool results with in fact minimum of financial efforts. All they really need to spend is a little time and efforts for preparing DIY facial masks and using them. If used regularly and correctly, they may become the ideal guarantees of their beauty and never-fading chic. So be one of those ladies and secure your beauty with these ultra-effective and cool herbal masks!
Photos courtesy of istockphoto
Don’t Miss: DIY Aloe Vera Beauty Recipes