How Victoria’s Secret Angel Wings Are Made
Victoria’s Secret is well known for its lovely Angels parading about in skimpy lingerie that boosts their sexual confidence and gives us women the eye candy we’ve been craving for a long time coming. We love watching the gorgeous models on the runways and in magazines showing off their angelic features with fashionable attire to complement their natural assets, particularly when the leggy ladies present us with coquettish sexy options to wear both in the bedroom and beneath our clothing on a daily basis.
Now, it’s no secret that many of us not only enjoy the lingerie showcased, particularly the stunning multi-million dollar Victoria’s Secret fantasy bras, but also those wings that go along with the mesmerizing looks we see every year during the uber-popular Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Looking at nearly $4,000 for some of these wings, one can easily attain them off certain online marketplaces. The good news is that the cheapest that can be found is rather affordable at $40. That’s quite the leap. The actual wings, however, are worn by the angels on the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show runway, a definite must-watch full of musical and theatrical acts alongside the beauties parading about in the latest of the brand’s fashion creations, while the wings that adorn each angel are of themselves amazing pieces of art.
How exactly are Victoria’s Secret Angel wings made, though? They can be made from leather or lace or five pounds of Swarovski Crystals, with elaborate designs that give the wing a unique look. The process rather looks like this:
• The artist is hired to give a sketched concept for the wing before delivering it to Killer, the designer, who will bring the look to life. According to certain personnel, the best part is actually how the designer interprets the wing.
• After finalization, the sketch is projected onto a screen at which point the model must stand before it so the proportions are measured and gives the team the right information to work with.
• Normally it takes a team to get the frame completed, though certain designs such as the beaded works may take much longer and may include the entire team to get it done.
• Once the pair of wings is slipped onto the model, the customization work begins in order to tailor to each model’s posing style.
• By October, the designers have decided on which wing each model will wear and will have the rough looks ready. Up until the last seconds before the show, certain adjustments can be made.
• Once customized to each model’s character, they are donned by the angels themselves. The important thing is to make sure the Angel’s wings aren’t too heavy for the girls. With all the material that goes on the frame that may not be light in of itself, carrying around 22 pounds around on your back can become quite a trial, especially for the Angels’ lite frames.
• According to Killer, each wing can take up to 400 hours to make and requires ample amounts of time to get done. This means starting about 6 months before they are expected to be ready.
Some wings are sketched by renowned architects, and well, yes they are actually pieces of architectural masterpieces, which mark the bright history of the lingerie giant. While the lingerie designs make a whole lot difference during each year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, it’s actually the Angel wings that make the entire show so vibrant, memorable and exciting, so no wonder no effort and expanses are skimped on to make them as unbelievably gorgeous as possible!
Photos courtesy of Stylebistro