Elegant Bridal Hairstyles For Modern, Chic Looks
Saying elegant, we don’t necessarily mean classic and traditional. This is absolutely true about bridal hairstyles as well. There are hundreds of totally modern and innovative hairstyle options that are completely different from the traditional patterns yet are equally effective and chic and also worth opting for. Innovative thus can be absolutely compatible with chic and glamorous despite the fact that many ladies stray away from experiments, especially when picking something for their bridal looks. Of course, going for extreme experiments like radical hair color changes or extravagant hairstyles is not recommended when some short time is left for the day, but still, if you manage to find the exact thing that will gift you with elegant and fresh looks you need to go for that. So that’s what we are going to speak about now, introducing some elegant bridal hairstyles for modern and chic looks.
Twisted and Braided Bridal Hairstyles
1. When talking about braids and twists, we can’t limit to one type of ‘dos only, since the varieties the braided hairstyles offer are even more diverse than you can imagine. For instance, you may go for a chic updo with either braided or twisted strands of hair acting as headbands for the front, securing the voluminous top part and falling towards the lower part of the updo, blending with the curly and curvy hair put on the lowest part.
2. Going towards bridal half-updos, which may contain some twisted or braided details, we can’t but also speak about the ‘dos made of lavishly curled back falling hair, which is framed with a French twist or a French braid from the top part and joins with another twisted or braided band running across the crown. So it creates the effect of the half updo synthesized with a ponytail.
3. Similar techniques can also be used for the creation of a full updo, having some messy and curly finishes for the back and the same dual bands of twists framing the whole ‘do.
4. Creating a super sophisticated ‘do with different layers of braided strands composing the hairdo is the following possible way to experiment. For instance, you may go for having a big braided strand running across the crown and joint with intertwined layers of some more strands making up a bun-like ‘do. Some side swept front framing hair can be really effective for the whole look.
5. Opting for looks like milkmaid braids is the next creative alternative. Having those cute braids running across the crown and framing your head like a halo, this style will, indeed, have everyone’s attention on your big day.
6. Braids, especially mini braids also work exclusively well for complementing low buns and low-located updos. For instance, you may create some impressive strand plays with the help of twisted and braided details joining the two sides of a bun into one and creating a cool feel of being woven and intertwined into the rest of the hair.
7. For the following alternative, you may also try out the combination of the top milkmaid braid-like headband with the messy finishes of the updo. This works especially well with central parted hair and some bold makeup accents like intensive lipstick.
8. A similar look may serve for the half-updos, coming with romantically wavy or curly forms of the hanging hair.
9. For an even more sophisticated ‘do you may also try to experiment with the sleek plus teased formula, which supposes to have some sleek starts for the crown, combined with super voluminous details for the back and ponytail finishes for the rest of the hair.
10. Gathering the hanging hair into a beehive hairstyle is another creative alternative to try for your special day.
11. You can also create some very spectacular ‘dos with braids like the ones resembling a crayfish tale! For this you need to create the braided strands on both sides of the hair. After laying everything back, connect the two sides with strands running from one braid to the other and keeping the hair between them enclosed into a net-like structure.
12. Using some fishtail French braids for acting as headbands is the next creative ‘do, especially well working with side swept and naturally wavy hair.
13. The logically succeeding form of this ‘do is the one finished off with the updo form, which is created by means of gathering the hair into some curly strands forming the updo itself.
14. Matching the sophisticated forms of the braided headbands with side ponytails and natural hair can also be used for effective looks.
15. The ultra-sophisticated net-like patterns created for holding the bun inside can be considered one of the most intricate and complex ‘dos of our list.
16. Using some equally sophisticated forms of braided headbands for actually using them as headbands is the final option for completing the wavy and curly hair of yours.
Modernized Retro Bridal Hairstyles
17. In order to create some modernized versions of retro hairstyles, you can go for some side-swept and delicately wavy locks, with some side swept front hair and overall minimalistically styled details without any accessories or additional details.
18. For another cool look of this type you can even slightly gather the side swept hair with a single small strand, creating the impression of having a relaxed side ponytail and preserving the retro feel all the same.
19. Some classic forms of updos like French twists can also be modernized and altered in order to create some dramatically cute and interesting hairdo options, for instance, making a dual twist on the back or a single elongated one, not forgetting about the voluminous crown.
20. The modern interpretations of bird-nest hairstyles may be spiced up with some curly hair strands going round the bun and the side of the face, where the side swept hair goes.
21. The traditional side-swept updos are also here, still coming with slightly more sophisticated textures and looks, appearing in terms of more strand plays and curly details added to the side bun.
Traditional Bridal Updos for Modernized Effect
22. Updos are the following creative source of experiments for new looks. You can go for anything you like from simple to sophisticated. For instance, you can create a delicate combination of some front framing braids with twisted details, a bird-nest bun and hints of back swept looks for the front part.
23. Going even further with the crazy experiments with bridal updos, you can try out the totally innovative and messy option made of some messily arranged “bows” made of hair strands for the front, joint with a big and voluminous part for the back and finished off with a headband or a braid running across the crown line, gathering the look into one organized ‘do.
24. Some more sophisticated looks can be created by means of adding some volume to the front part without any framing hair, matched with the ultra-complex curled, curved, and folded strands for the back, all finished off with the big area that the updo actually occupies on the back.
25. Going for a minimalistic side swept and cute updo and finishing it off with a small veil is another super impressive thing you can do for the synthesis of the old and the new. Still, you can also use some more sophisticated variants of low updos for the same looks.
26. Going for some non-standard variants like the bird-nest looks, you can also create some impressive options for modernized updos.
27. Spicing up such kind of ‘dos with wavy details, strands and some side-swept front framing hair is another creative thing you can do.
28. Other alternatives may also include some ultra-sophisticated forms like super many curled strands meeting around one big bun and getting finished off with straight bangs, the combination of which does look effective and cute.
29. For another side swept hairstyle, you may try out the form of the bird-nest again, this time coming located on one side, but still having the shape of the rolled bun with some extra twisted details to spice up the look a bit.
30. Ponytails are also compatible for such looks, especially when they come with side swept styles matched with identically swept front hair and some finishes like braids or just framing hair for the pony to be securely and naturally fastened.
31. Finally, it’s the uber-sophisticated and voluminously curly updo that makes up the following variant here, coming as the combination of complex curls and folds and some side swept front framing hair for the absolutely great feel.
Wavy and Long Bridal Hairstyles
32. If half updos with some naturally wavy or curly accents are what you would like to have, going for lavishly put beachy waves arranged into a natural half updo is what you need. This ‘do should be completed with the volume for the front and the small headband securing the volume in front of it and behind it.
33. Gathering the wavy locks into a pony in case of the ‘do we spoke about in the previous point is the following interesting experiment you can try out.
34. You can also create some messy and absolutely effortless ‘dos by means of just making those beachy waves and letting them free with some central parting and overall slightly voluminous touches.
35. You can also go for a sleek ‘do, composed of side sleek style, very slightly teased and voluminous crown and again naturally wavy hair completing the whole look ideally. This ‘do is one of the most ideal and cool options that require no details or extra elements. Bright makeup accents are especially important in this case, creating the counterbalance for the whole look.
36. Another way of styling loose hair into a half updo is gathering the front hair and fastening it with an accessory, preserving the overall effortless look and the minimalistic touch.
37. In case you want some neater variants with equal proportions of minimalistic vibes, you can also go for looks like the wavy half updos, made of some sleek front parts with hair laid back and fastened with a headwear accessory. Similar looks may also be created with some additional volume on the crown.
38. For a more sophisticated variant of this type of hairdos you can also try out the combination of the voluminous crown, the front framing hair or the side swept bangs, and the slightly put wavy hair again having that effortless something about it. Makeup details like bold lips nicely match this kind of ‘dos.
39. In case you want to have variants not excluding the bangs from the look, you may also opt for some ‘dos having wavy or curly forms for falling over the shoulders and some delicately styled bangs coming with definite strand by strand style, finished off with some volume on the crown again.
40. For another crazy and voluminous ‘do, you can increase the volume and the intensity of the curls styling them into a traditional half updo with some hair tied on the back and matched with the sleek front and the side parted bangs or front framing hair.
41. To add a romantic old Hollywood vibe to your loose hair, style it into lavish locks, side section the hair and tease your bangs high to the side. Red lipstick is the ideal finish to this fabulous bridal look!
42. Last but not least, if you have medium-length or long hair, and want to try out something unique, crazy and simple at the same time, style lovely beachy waves, tease the front part of your hair a bit for volume and add some bow braids to the side. The result is definitely going to be frisky!
So here was another creative and cool array of great and elegant bridal hairstyles, each of which can gift you with that totally flabbergasting and breathtaking looks, especially if you know all the details about how to pick a wedding dress and what to match it with. Everything starts with the right picks, so if you manage to combine the right shape of a gown with the right type of the hairstyle, you’ll secure the absolutely impeccable looks of yours. Certainly, you shouldn’t forget about the other details like makeup, either. The main principle you need to bear in mind is that every single detail matters when we speak about creating perfect looks. So the presentation of some innovative and chic looks was actually what our aim was and we hope it has been accomplished successfully. Just look through these wonderful bridal hairstyles and get inspired to create your own miracle for that magical day!
Hairstyles by Davis Bitton