How to Remove Gel Nails
Artificial nails have always been popular, especially among those women, who normally have fragile nails and can’t make them grow out quickly. There exist various types of artificial nails, among them gel nails being more natural-looking ones. If you wear gel nails, you may already know that they require special care and frequent visits to the beauty salons, especially when your natural nails grow out and the artificial ones unaesthetically pop out. Of course, you can easily have them redone any time, but if one day you decide to go back to your natural shorter nails, which, by the way, are even trendier now, there is no need to go to a special beauty salon for this. You can easily take off your artificial gel nails at home without too profound beauty knowledge or techniques. You just need to know what type of gel nail your manicurist has applied in order to be able to remove your gel nails safely. For example, regular gel nails have a very thick liquid coat and a hard topcoat, while the soak-off nails have a thinner liquid coat. Keep in mind that either way you will harm your nails by a wrong approach. Let’s find out the methods of removing your gel nails at home below!
How to Remove Soak-Off Gel Nails
• Firstly, remove the manicure that is on your nail with polish remover using cotton or a tissue. Rub gently and deeply in order to clean thoroughly.
• Leave your nails in a bowl filled with non-acetone nail remover for 5 to 10 minutes. It will soften your artificial gel nails and will make it easy to remove them.
• After the nails become softer, you can pass on to taking them off. Never force it when removing your gel nails, if you don’t want to harm your natural nails. Act gently and slowly from the outer edges towards the center. Again take nail polish remover with cotton or tissue and rub ut gently over your natural nails to remove the remaining gel.
How to Take Off Regular Gel Nails
• Start filing your nails gently with nail file. As they have become longer this may take some time. Clear the dust in order to see how much you have filed. Make them close to your natural nails.
• For smoothening your nails use finer-grit file. This file will bring your nails to the final stage of refining and your nails we will be ready for manicure.
• Apply the main coat of nail polish! You may use the trendy bright colors for this summer to be fashionable and chic!
Now you know how to remove gel nails at home! So save your time and money by doing it on your own! Anyways, if you aren’t sure you can do it well yourself, visit a beautician!
Photos courtesy of Thinkstock Photos