DIY Aloe Vera Beauty Recipes
Aloe Vera is one of the most effective and versatile means of creating the most diverse and great treatments meant for just anything from beauty to health. So here we are going to concentrate on its benefits as means for preparing some beauty recipes. Aloe Vera offers some very useful masks for your skin and your hair, about which we will present the main options here. Check out these effective DIY Aloe Vera beauty recipes and take care of your beauty in a natural way!
Aloe Vera Beauty Benefits
As we noted Aloe Vera is irreplaceable for skin and hair care, we may first of all say that starting from the ancient times Aloe Vera has been considered an everlasting plant with always green leaves and very many useful characteristics. It is translated from Arabic as “bitter.” The leaves of this plant contain essential oils, useful ferments, and, of course, Vitamins, as well as more than 20 types of amino acids, beta-Carotene, and some resinous elements. It is especially popular with its bactericide qualities. It is ideal for removing the inflammations, curing injuries, and killing the bacteria. It is also useful for boils, dermatitis, eczema, varicose veins, acne, psoriasis and sunburn.
Very frequently the juice of Aloe Vera is included in the ingredients of many cosmetic means like lotions, gels for shower and face, creams, masks and products for hair care. The reason for this is that Aloe successfully gets the toxins out of the organism and takes care of the dry skin, preventing the appearance of wrinkles. Such cosmetic means are suitable for any skin type, but they are especially recommended for problematic skins. It effectively cleans and revitalizes the skin, making it smooth and soft, and contributing to the replacement of the dead cells with new ones. Successfully preventing the wrinkles is another advantage.
As for the hair, we may note that Aloe contributes to its fast grow, makes the hair denser, glowy and smooth. You may, of course, buy some ready-made cosmetic means, but it’s much more effective to prepare them at home. In case of external application, the Aloe juice has no contraindications since it’s hypoallergenic. But still it’s not recommended drinking it during pregnancy or in case of having uterine bleeding and hemorrhoids.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Beauty
In order to prepare some useful treatments, you first of all need to know how to make all that work. There is a special way of preparing its leaves for maximum effective results. In order to use this plant to the full, you need to have a plant of more than 3 years old and to leave it without watering for some two weeks. Afterwards you should cut the lower juicy leaves, wash them with hot water, then wrap them into a piece of paper or a napkin and put this in the refrigerator under the temperature of 5-6 degrees for 1.5-2 weeks. After that you need to remove the dark parts, and squeeze the juice out of the leaves. You may keep this juice in the fridge for not more than 2 weeks. The efficiency of this method underlies in the fact that when placed in biologically unfavorable conditions, this plant starts revitalizing itself and creates some biogenic stimulators, which prevent the process of getting old, launch the regeneration process of the skin and speed up the cell exchange.
Aloe Vera Facial Masks
Thus coming to the preparation of the Aloe Vera masks, we will probably start with the ones meant for perfecting the skin.
• The first option we would like to introduce to your attention is intended for problematic and oily skin. It has an anti-inflammatory and revitalizing functions. For making this mask you need to whip the egg white and add 2 tsp. of Aloe Vera juice to it, also adding 1 tsp. of lemon juice, mixing all and applying to the face. Try to stay as motionless as possible until it totally dries on the face. When done, add one more layer to the first and one more afterwards. After waiting for 20 minutes wash all with water and apply a smoothing cream.
• Another recipe this time meant for normal skin can be created with mixing the juice of Aloe with sour cream and an egg yolk. You should apply it the same way as the previous one.
• For dry skin you can mix 1 tsp. of Aloe juice, glycerin, oatmeal, honey and hot water. Apply the mask for 20 minutes one time.
• In case of acne inflammations it’s recommended soaking some layers of gauze in the biostimulating juice and putting it on the clear face for an hour. After removing this, you should wash your face.
• You may also create an ideal lotion for oily skin. For this you need to take 60 g. of water, 3 tbsp. of Aloe juice and 2 tbsp. of tincture of calendula. Rub your face with this mixture in the morning and in the evening. In case of having other skin types you don’t need to apply this to the whole face. You may just cover the problematic areas with a swab.
• The following anti-acne formula may be created taking 3 tbsp. of white clay, and mixing it with the Aloe juice until getting a dense mass like the sour cream. Apply it to the face and let it stay there until going dry.
• The next mask works especially well for revitalizing the skin. For this you should mix the juice with honey with the proportions 1:2. Apply it then to the face and keep it there for 30 minutes.
• Finally, you may also try mashing an avocado or an apricot, taking a tablespoon of it and mix it with one tablespoon of Aloe juice, also adding one teaspoon of olive oil. Apply it to the face and after half an hour wash your face with warm water. Repeat the process two times a week.
• Additionally, you may use some masks for fighting the wrinkles. In order to prepare one, you will need to mix 1 tsp. of oily cream, 1 tsp. of almond or wheat germ oil, and 1 tsp. of Aloe biostimulating juice. Apply this mixture to the clean and steamed face with massaging movements for 15-20 minutes. Afterwards, wash it with a cotton swab and apply a whipped egg white mixed with a pinch of salt. Leave this on for 10 more minutes. This needs to be removed with a swab or a cotton pad, moistened in the infusion of sage and St. John’s wort.
• Also, for some prophylaxis of skin, you may make a lotion of Aloe juice and any oily cream. Apply it to the face and wait for some 20-30 minutes. Repeat the process for 2-3 times a week.
Aloe Vera Hair Masks
Coming to the treatments used for hair care, we may point out the following options.
• We start with one of the most effective means for getting rid of dandruff. For this, you need to mix 2 tbsp. of Aloe juice and lemon with 2 tbsp. of honey and castor oil. Apply this to the roots of the hair and rub into the skin. Wrap the hair and keep the mask on for not less than 40 minutes.
• The next recipe is for weak, damaged and dry hair. To prepare this you’ll need to take honey, Aloe juice, jojoba oil with equal proportions. Mix all, warm on a water bath and apply it to the hair, leaving the mask on for the whole night.
• In case you suffer from massive loss of hair, you may try making the following hair mask. Whip an egg yolk, mix it with mustard powder until getting a sour cream-like dense mass, and add some onion, 2 tbsp. of Aloe juice, burdock oil and several drops of essential ylang-ylang oil. After mixing the ingredients well, just let this stay on your hair for an hour.
• In order to stimulate the hair growth you may mix 1 tbsp. of Aloe juice, kefir, castor oil, egg yolk and 5 drops of Vitamins B1 and B6. Apply this to the roots. Wait for about 20 minutes before washing the hair.
• Finally, for oily hair you may also try out using the Aloe Vera juice, mixing it with lemon juice and an egg yolk or honey. Such masks will help your hair regain its elasticity and natural glow and will also strengthen it.
Here were the basic Aloe Vera beauty recipes we would like to introduce to your attention. Finding the ones that are more suitable for you and making them correctly, you’ll be able to enjoy the stunning results you’ll eventually come to!
Photos courtesy of Shutterstock