5 Tips to Get Perfect Skin At Home
A woman will always fret about her skin. It might look dull or way too rosy. There may be too much shine on the nose or the feeling might be pasty. The skin is a woman’s obsession, her outerwear so to speak and usually murmurs volumes more than any dress might as she walks down the street or shows up at a major party. It’s her skin that is looked at, judged and either approved of or pitied. No woman wants to be pitied, especially not for her skin. Which is why she turns to help. Which is why such easy tips to get perfect skin at home exist. This is where a woman learns how to care for her skin in such a way that she can stare at herself in the mirror every morning and every night and feel proud of herself. She must be made to be comfortable in her own skin and that is where celebrity secrets come in.
It’s the tips and tricks provided by Joanna Vargas that currently enthral us, particularly with the Golden Globes just past and a whole year of ceremonies ahead of us. Vargas is a facialist to the Hollywood stars, having done her magic on Julianne Moore, Dakota Johnson, and Maggie Gyllenhaal for the last major event but 2 nights ago. Your skin can be made camera ready and you do not need Photoshop to clear your skin and give it that airbrushed look if you follow her advice. After all, the stars learn from the best and they never seem to skip a beat.
1. Give your skin a good peel: A smooth face is often achieved by having a facial peel done, wherein one finds that the good skin is just hiding under the dry and dead, waiting to be released. It’s the quickest way to ensure your face looks ready to shine on the red carpet itself, as you dream of sashaying down to the greatest awards ceremonies in show business. A fruit acid peel with paprika is an interesting choice and is supposed to really flush the skin of its unwanted cells, bringing out the gorgeous in the women who use it. Apparently following up with exposure to LED lighting will keep inflammation to a minimum and ensure the stimulation of the much needed collagen that will tighten the skin and give you a more youthful appearance. It will really bring out the blow in any woman. If the doctor recommends, we should at least give it a try, no?
2. You actually do become what you eat: If you are giving your body enough vitamins, then you are doing it the service most people do not. Vitamins will keep you glowing, the same way for years we’ve seen that luminous attractiveness emanating from Naomi Watt’s skin. Everyone is struck by that kind of beauty and we can all enjoy the effects of it. You should be eating greens during every meal, including breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, don’t forget that sunscreen to protect the skin. It’s not enough to get the vitamins, you also need to ensure the outer layer of kin is smooth and clear, with the ability to show off the glow you’re producing. Greens bring oxygen into the body, will drain lymph nodes and keep you from puffing up like a balloon. It’s worth the loss of carbs and certainly something that we can all enjoy on the biggest days of our lives.
3. Massage your face when you can: Lymphatic drainage massages are simply heavenly and will ensure you look as lovely as the stars at the Golden Globes. It is a lost art but one of the best tools a woman can use to rejuvenate her skin. You’d want dry skin and a clean face and hands for this. You start at the base of the neck where the arteries are, massage up towards and over the jaw and keep moving up around the sides of the case until you reach the temples. Enjoy the pressure you put around the eyes, thus coaxing the nutrients to enter the tissue there. If you usually break out a lot, you should take the opposite approach and start from around the eyes and move down to the nape of the neck, bringing the waste underneath the skin with you.
4. Make sure you scrub well: This is something you should be doing in the shower as well as whenever there is a big event to get ready for. Joanna Vargas does recommend sleeping in an exfoliating mask the night before the big event, thus helping even out the pigmentation on the skin that’s quite unattractive and reducing the effects of inflammation. You wake up looking fresh and newly done up, as if you just walked out of a very relaxing facial session. Using exfoliating scrubs a few times a week in the shower will ensure you are looking your best at all times of the day, any time during the week.
5. Use a honey mask: You may not always be able to make it to the salon and so much more fun to get the masks done at home. That’s where a honey mask comes in, wherein you take a quarter cup of it and mix it with half a cup of brown sugar, a quarter cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of olive oil for it to go on as a paste. It’s a great way to exfoliate the skin, as well as calm the nerves and prevent a breakout from ruining the evening. Confidence is key and the slightest bit of stress will show up on the skin. This mask will scrub away any uneven areas on the skin, calm your mind with its scent, and rid you of any impurities on the face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then use lukewarm water to gently remove it, leaving behind a smooth, clean and lovely face, bereft of any signs of inflammation or unacceptable pigmentation.
Photo courtesy of Grazia France
Don’t miss: Easy At-Home Fixes For Common Skin Problems