9 Rules of the Perfect Natural Makeup Look
The biggest makeup trend of the moment has quite a contradictory name: no makeup. It’s the barely there natural makeup style, which by the way appeals to most men. Moreover, the no makeup trend is so suitable for everyday wear and it has a great power to show off you healthy complexion and beautiful features. Although it sounds quite simple, the no makeup look requires certain rules to follow for the impeccable results. Here are 9 rules of the perfect natural makeup look sticking to which you’ll know how to nail down today’s hottest beauty trend flawlessly.
1. Hydrating: Skin hydration is the primary step to achieving a flawless skin when sporting the no makeup trend. Makeup primers, concealers and foundations apply smoothly only on well hydrated skin and this is the way of creating a perfect base for your entire makeup.
2. Foundation: The next step is finding the best foundation shade for your skin tone, taking into account the season as well, since skin tone varies throughout the year. It’s obligatory to have two foundation tones – one for summer and a much lighter hue for winter. Also make sure to consider your skin type to pick the best foundation that will camouflage skin flaws. Considering several foundation hacks you’ll be able to build up the most flawless base for your entire makeup.
3. Powder: While some find it unnecessary to apply a face powder, it’s actually quite essential if you want to set your makeup and ensure its long-lasting look. Besides, face powder gives a velvety and light texture to the face, reducing the cakey effect created by the foundation.
4. Blush: Another mandatory component of a no makeup look is the blush, which should be applied very lightly. Soft colors like pink and peach are best in this case, since they will add the right tint of color to your face to diminish any paleness without making you look wearing a heavy makeup.
5. Eyebrows: Since you won’t be wearing any colors on your face, it’s essential to make it look picture perfect and to highlight your facial features correctly. Eyebrows can change a lot in one’s look, so make sure they are well trimmed and filled in for the ultimate powerful look. Bushy eyebrows look amazing on the background of a bare face, so it’s vital to know what products you use and how you fill in your brows to make them look natural and just flawless.
6. Eyeshadows: Although it’s called a no makeup look, it still requires wearing eyeshadows, only in this case you are advised to play in the zone of neutral and earth tones, which will make your eyelids look more perfect at the same time brightening up your eyes. Never use more than two matching colors, since otherwise your makeup will be more visible and it won’t be a no makeup style any more.
7. Mascara: Small details matter a lot in the no makeup look, therefore creating the effect of long, full and flirty eyelashes will help you place the focus on your beautiful eyes. However, you should stay away from too dramatic saturated shades or false eyelashes in this case, as they will make your look appear quite artificial. Forget about the traditional black mascara. Blondes should pick brown mascara tons, while brunettes should stick to darker shades of brown.
You might also like: What to Wear Red Lipstick With: 6 Trendy Ideas
8. Lipstick: Leaving your lips without any makeup isn’t that wise. Instead, go for a transparent lip-gloss that will add dimension to your lips and make them look more sensual. Light pink, peach and sand shades will also do in case of natural makeup.
9. Eyeliner: You should by no means use eyeliner or eye pencils in case of the nude makeup look, since those are the products that dramatically change one’s look, adding lots of depth, drama to the eyes and making you look wearing lots of makeup.
The no makeup look is never about going out completely bare faced, especially when you have skin problems and want to look really flawless. Simply make sure to use lightweight products and soft colors to emphasize your beautiful facial features and the youthful glow of your face.
Photo courtesy of Telegraph Fashion
Don’t miss: Skin-Ruining Habits to Quit Now!