5 Things to Know About New York Fashion Week Fall 2016
There is Fashion Week and then there is New York Fashion Week. Everyone knows that the New York runway shows are always the starting point and often one of the most prestigious in the world. Of course Milan, London and Paris are high up there, but there is just something about New York that allows us to glimpse something fresh and something new every time. There is always something really exciting happening at the New York one as well, which incidentally will be starting this Thursday. We are really excited to see what each designer will be bringing to the table so we have been researching things top to bottom. Through it all we have come across five major things you simply must know about the New York Fashion Week of 2016 for the fall and winter seasons. It will have change up the way you view the world-renowned event.
1. Designers are Changing Things to Buy Now: While the CFDA is still considering manners by which to make items available more so to the public, the business aspect of the fashion industry more thoroughly looked into, designers such as Rebecca Minkoff will be adding a “Buy Now’ button to their collections, this making it impossible for people to walk away without being given the chance to purchase what they have seen right after the show itself. It is a bold move but something we feel will be catching on with quite a fury.
2. Yeezy Gonna Be Taking Over Madison Square Garden: Yes, you heard right! A few hours with Kanye West will be pretty fun as Season 3 is revealed, along with a concert featuring songs from his new album that is still having the names played with. The front row will be jam packed with celebrities, there will be a new pair of shoes to covet, models are going to be perfect, while the Vanessa Beecroft performance is expected to have over 1000 extras. That sounds like fun!
3. Rihanna’s Putting on a Show: While Rihanna has generally been a fixture in the front rows of the runway shows, this time around she will also be getting up there, her first collection for Puma being featured on the catwalk. It is not even up for debate that the world will be coveting her designs.
4. Alexander Wang is Coming Home: Now that he is free of the burden of Balenciaga, even though he was amazing with the house, Alexander Wang has been super focused on his own eponymous label and we are expecting something huge from the American designer. Generally we are spoiled with amazing models and even better soundtracks, so we are more than just expecting to be wowed.
5. The ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö‚â§90s are Coming back to the Runway: Remember the 1990s and the designers that were loved by all? Mayle and Xuly Bet are on that list of favorites and they are making an interesting comeback, alongside the likes of Ralph Rucci with his own eponymous brand. We are more than just a little excited to see what each has to bring to the table.
Photo courtesy of Vogue