How to Paint Your Nails Like a Pro
When trying to have perfect nails, you sometimes all the same don’t feel like giving quite considerable amounts of money to specialists to get them fixed the way you want for you. And that’s right there that the DIY techniques and methods become your best friends. What you need to do is to pick the one that seems most trustworthy and effective and just go for it! We are going to present one of the most effective ways of applying nail polish telling you about how to paint nails like a pro!
Perfect Nail Polish Application Tips
1. The very first thing you need to remember is that for having ideal nails you need to give them time to dry and during those minutes you need to stay still. That’s why we strongly recommend having everything at hand you’re going to need during and after painting so that you don’t have to look for anything and spoil the nails.
2. The next step is getting your nails to ideal condition before applying the paint. In order to do that you’ll need a foam file first of all, with which you need to file your nails following one direction only for later avoid feathering.
3. Afterwards you need to use a cuticle softener and push back the cuticles with an orangewood stick.
4. In addition, it is also important to buff the nails before painting them to have the ideal shape and the delicate outlines around.
5. Optionally, you can also apply some Vaseline around the nails, which will help you prevent having polish around the nails. Alternatively you can also use olive oil for softening the skin and removing the extra paints around easier. After this you may wipe the nails clean with a cotton ball or may leave some oil of Vaseline on.
6. Apply a base coat, which many women are rather inclined to skip than consider. Doing this you create the ideal base and background for the further successful application of the nail polish.
7. Use the three-stripe technique for painting the nails. For doing this you need to start at the base middle part of the cuticle and pull the brush to the top, further repeating the same direction for the edges and corners covering the brush along the whole line. For a more intense shade you can apply two coats of paint, especially if the color is lighter and more translucent. You can also make light brushstrokes for filling in the missing parts along the tip or the edges.
8. For more precision and control you can use an angled eyebrow brush for both removing the extra paint from the edges and for filling the missing parts as well.
9. Next you need to repeat the application this time skipping the swoop over the nail tip.
10. Finally, apply a topcoat for having glowy and lustrous nails. You can do that both before waiting to dry the paint and after it has dried. The most important thing you need to have now is patience and the will not to move for some minutes.
Some More Tips
In addition, we would like to introduce some general tips and tricks for you to know and to be able to carry out everything precisely and correctly. They go as follows:
‚Äö” Wet painting the nails neither rush nor slow down too much. You need to have a nice pace for having everything done quickly but not in a hurry.
‚Äö” Always choose the nail polish wisely. There is a huge diversity of shades and textures and you need to be attentive to find the one that matches you most. In addition, you can also use some light shades and pastels, which will not be too noticeable if you get them somewhere outside the area of the nails. Also match the shade with your personality.
‚Äö” It would also be great if you had someone to help you with the right hand if you’re right-handed.
How to Make Perfect Pedicure
Getting done with the manicure, you may also be wondering about the pedicure, and the ways you can use for getting them picture perfect. We have a know-how array of steps for that, too, which go as follows:
1. Start out by softening the nails and removing the calluses in the shower. This is really easy to do when the skin is still moist. Afterwards you need to use a foot balm or a cream to keep them soft and smooth. Using a rich body lotion is another alternative.
2. Cut the toenails to the length that’s good enough for panting and be careful for neither going too short nor too long. Afterwards just swab them with polish remover to have a proper texture.
3. Take a comfortable seat and put your feet somewhere so that you are able to apply the paint without difficulties.
4. Start with a base coat and follow with two layers of paint. The principle of picking lighter shades works here as well.
5. Don’t forget to apply the top coat at the end to have a glittery and glowy texture.
Thus here were the basic tips and tricks we would like to share with you about painting nails perfectly. If you follow these instructions properly you will really have the chance to have ideal and picture perfect nails without spending money in salons!
Photos courtesy of Shape Magazine